Thursday, November 10, 2011

My first film review

I watched "Rounders" tonight. I personally love this flick, not only because of the ties between gambling and magic, but also because of Edward Norton and Matt Damon. Both of them came of as long time friends, who tend to help one another out in a bind. The film starts as "Mike", Matt's character, falls down to ground zero. He is forced to build himself back in the normal way. His friend "Worm", Edward's character, comes back into Mike's life. This is both a good thing, and simultaneously the worst thing ever. It's great to have your friend back, but this guy knows only one way to do things, and it's usually not the right way. He drags Mike back into his old life, which has some baggage (un-beknownst to Mike). Now Mike has to deal with his own shit plus all of Worm's previous hell.
Shot well, cut well. My only real complaint with the flick is the lack of some more technical card sharp talk. This again is only my gripe, but that is because of my own past with cards and terminology.
Overall: solid B+

No comments:

Post a Comment